Aviation Parents Advisory Committee (APAC)
The DHS Aviation Parents Advisory Committee (APAC) meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Aviation Academy. We encourage parents to join us. Meetings last no longer than one hour.
- Section 1: Build and maintain an organization which, in cooperation with those in charge of the Aviation Academy, will help promote the activities and further the goals of the Aviation Academy.
- Section 2: Arouse and maintain an enthusiastic interest by parents in the various activities of the Aviation Academy.
- Section 3: Support fundraising activities, promote scholarships, excellence in aviation, encourage high moral standards, and encourage school spirit within the Aviation Academy.
- Section 4: Lend moral support to the Administrator of the Aviation Academy.
- President: Henry Miller
- Vice President: Frances Bracks-Miller
- Secretary: Vacant
- Treasurer: Kristina Crabtree
- Grocery Rewards and Other Fundraisers: Vacant
Your shopping can help us in our fundraising efforts continuously throughout the year. If you have not signed up, see info needed below and send it to Tracy Hawley. She will sign you up. This is not limited to just our students and parents. We encourage you to get your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers involved if they are not currently supporting another group. The more we sign up, the more we make. Download Fundraising Opportunities
Shoparoo: Download the Shoparoo App on your phone. Once you sign up, you just take picture of your receipt from any location you visit even on gas, food, clothing, and groceries. You have up to one week to upload your receipt. You can also track how much you have given to your school on this app. You also get rewards back for you on this app.
GoodSearch: Use the Good search engine which will donate to Aviation Academy. When you Sign up for this free account, it automatically deposits money into the Aviation Academy account. We will receive a yearly check from them.
- Click on Sign up
- Click on Aviation Academy-Newport News
In order to maximize the account, set the search engine as default in your browser.
- Scan or enter a product code to donate
- Search for your school.
- Scan code from your phone or enter code manually.
** For every $5 donated, students can earn 1 hour of community service. Just screen print your donations and bring them to the office.
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com where .5% of all sales go to APAC.
- Under location name type Denbigh High School Aviation. Click enter
- Check yes & start shopping
*You must go to https://smile.amazon.com to get the discount, otherwise we don’t get the proceeds.
Harris Teeter: Link Your School to Your VIC Card Today!
- Click on “link your school today.”
- Click “Add school”
- Search for Denbigh Aviation Academy #6236
- Add it and you’re done!
It’s that simple! The only thing you must remember is that our school needs to be added annually. Suggest setting up a reminder in August so you don’t forget!
- Get a card from your local Kroger store if you do not have one already.
- Link your card by using the site above.
- Login and you will be directed to the account summary page.
- Scroll to the bottom where it says “Community rewards.”
- Click and enter our number NPO# 92363 it will show “Denbigh High School Aviation Academy”
- Click and you’re done!
- Login or Create an Account
- Link our school by adding our ID# 70222792. This will automatically keep for future purchases.
- Approach the cashier and let them know you are a rewards member.
- Ask them to add our school ID# 70222792